Enita Kushi, Attorney At Law
Enita Kushi skillfully represents clients in foreclosure defense cases and general commercial litigation. Enita is admitted to practice before the state courts of Florida, the United States District Court of Southern and Middle Florida, and the United States Bankruptcy Court of Southern and Middle Florida. Enita’s experience allows her to confidently and professionally guide her clients through an emotionally difficult time.
Enita graduated in 3 years with her Bachelor of Arts degree, magna cum laude, in Political Science and a minor in Spanish from the University of Florida, as a member of Phi Beta Kappa and as an Anderson Scholar. She earned her Juris Doctor from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. Enita was awarded the Florida Bar Foundation Public Service Fellowship, which allowed her to devote her summer as a Fellow at the Legal Aid Service of Collier County assisting low income and otherwise disadvantaged clients in need of legal representation.
During her third year in law school, Enita became a Certified Legal Intern through the Florida Supreme Court and participated in the Gator TeamChild Juvenile Advocacy Clinic part of the Virgil D. Hawkins Civil Clinic, where she represented and advocated for children in the dependency and delinquency system. Enita also served as an intern at the Southern Legal Counsel and as a judicial intern in the Probate Division of the Eighth Judicial Circuit of Florida. Enita volunteered at St. Mathew’s House Homeless Shelter, American Cancer Society’s Hope Lodge, Three Rivers Legal Services, Restoration of Civil Rights Project, and Caring and Sharing Learning School in Gainesville, Florida.
Enita volunteers her time by participating at Legal Aid’s Pro Bono Bankruptcy Clinic and has counseled clients at many free legal clinics held by Legal Aid. She was invited to join the Advisory Board of Legal Aid Service of Collier County and is the Chair of the Pro Bono Committee. In 2015, Legal Aid recognized Enita for her volunteer and pro bono work by awarding her the Outstanding Pro Bono Service Award. Enita enjoys being a mentor for a high school student through Take Stock in Children. Enita is blessed with a wonderful family and loves living in Naples, playing tennis and volleyball, reading, and enjoying life.
Bar & Court Admissions:
- State of Florida
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
Education and Honors:
- University of Florida, J.D., 2009
- University of Florida, B.A., magna cum laude, Political Science, 2006
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Anderson Scholar
- Collier County Bar Association, 2011 – Present
- American Business Women Association, 2015
- The Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce, 2015
- Southwest FL Bankruptcy Professional Association, 2011 – 2014
- American Bar Association, 2010 – 2011
- Advisory Board Member, Legal Aid Service of Collier County, 2015
- Chair, Pro Bono Committee
- Mentor, Take Stock in Children, 2012 – Present
- Attorney, Legal Aid Service of Collier County, 2010 – Present